View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 02:58 PM   #224
nobrakes
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,352
Just getting caught up on your thread, eatpasta. I've only done a handful of races myself, so I'm still pretty much a rank noob as well and each race is like a whole new experience. You're definitely right about fitness, the fitness level required is far beyond the capabilities of the average Joe off the street, I don't think people realize just how demanding off road racing is. All the races I've done are hare scrambles back here in the east, so the terrain looks a lot different, but I'm sure the feeling on the start line is the same and once you get into the thick of things your heart rate also pegs at 180+ and maintains at red-line for the duration, just like back here.

Good luck your next race, it's great you have someone with a lot of experience to help - that's invaluable.

BTW, here's my most recent race, it turned out to be a very difficult mudder, carnage everywhere, it felt like my heart was going to explode in several situations. There's some helmet cam footage in there, too.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=559618

We have a race coming up in our series this Sunday, I'm not 100% sure I'll be able to make it, but so far that is the plan. I will be looking forward to seeing your next installment. As a beginning racer myself, it's good to see others' take on their experiences, so keep the reports coming. Good luck, and good luck to the Mrs., too, hope she recovers fully.
nobrakes is offline   Reply With Quote