View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 10:31 AM   #56
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Rat
Dang, ordered Sunday night(18th), received notification from the post offince monday AM and it arrived today(21st), three days not bad. I plan to test drive it to mount new wheels/tires saturday, if it works as good all the claims I am going to pull the centerstand off and shed 20lbs.
Hey Swamp Rat,
Just to throw out some thoughts....
It should be quite stable for the rear wheel work, be sure to use the strap to lock the front wheel brake good and solid.

The front is inherently less stable as there is not much weight on the back wheel, it depends on what bike your using it on as to how stable the front is when lifted. Make sure to only lift the wheel high enough to do what you need to, lifting it way up in the air always decreases stablity, front or rear.

One way to increase the front stablity is to put something heavy against the right side of the back tire when the front is in the air, this keeps the bike from wanting to rotate counterclockwise around the kickstand.

I will try to post a pic up later to show this for reference.
Some guys I know have a centerstand and use the Trail Stand to hold the front wheel in the air when the bike is on the centerstand.

Obviously a prop stand will never be as stable as a centerstand but I am curious to hear your comments after you try it out!
Cagiva Gran Canyon

sTE610vE screwed with this post 04-23-2010 at 05:25 PM
sTE610vE is offline   Reply With Quote