View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 09:39 AM   #15
RiderJones OP
sketchy

Oddometer: 263
Wink

Bridge repair...nice big timbers

another creek, another bridge....

...arriving at my destination, Trout Lake, and more specifically, Gerrard. Which is actually just a bridge, not a town anymore.

there were half dozen or so other people, also here to get a glimpse of the world's BIGGEST Rainbow Trout species, the Gerrard Rainbow. They are spawning in the Lardeau River, right below this bridge. They can grow up to 35 pounds!

Theres two right there...unfortunately there was a bit of a breeze, rippling the surface of the water a bit. Pretty hard to get clear pictures....

All the dark shapes are fish..

If you are interested, there is a good website here: http://www.fwcp.ca/version2/forms/gerrard-rainbow/

....this is cheating a bit, but you need to see how big these fish are!

The road carries on to Galena Bay etc...I didn't have the time to keep going, but will do a report on that stretch in the coming months.

Just near the bridge are a couple of tiny old cabins...

Seeing the fish was great, definitely worth the trip. It was getting on in the day, so I turned around and backtracked home. The light had changed, and set up a few nice photo opportunities on the way back. I'll throw them in here at the end.

This was funny...somebody carefully made a little figure out of electrical tape, cartwheeling to his death...

Back in Kaslo, this is a great place for breakfast or a coffee stop...

I haven't stayed or eaten at the refurbished Hotel, but they did a good job of the reno...I hear its good

This rider magically appeared for my last shot...nice work mystery rider!

Thanks for stopping by everyone, I really appreciate your comments.
....posting Ride Reports is something I really enjoy. It's a great way to connect with fellow riders which is actually one of the best things about riding. I've got lots more RR's planned, stay tuned...

RiderJones screwed with this post 04-29-2010 at 10:59 AM
RiderJones is offline   Reply With Quote