View Single Post
Old 05-01-2010, 05:04 PM   #44
nobrakes OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,356
I spent all day working on the bike, I tore down and cleaned the carb real good, cleaned all the jets, flushed out all the passages with high pressure carb cleaner, and replaced all the vent tubing. I have been unable to reproduce the problem I was having yesterday. Not sure if I've solved it or not, though, as it seems to be intermittent.

Anyway, I'm going to run the 450 tomorrow. I've never run the Brushy race before, so I don't know how the course is, but I've ridden the trails at Brushy Mtn several times and they are pretty gnarly up hills, rocky, rooty, pretty tough terrain. So I'm gonna stick with the bike I know best and have already set up. If I was still seeing the carb problem I was having yesterday, I'd ride the 200 2t. But the 450 seems to be running well after tearing down and cleaning the carb.

I will try the 200 at some point this season, though. It's such a light and fun bike, I think that bike is purpose built for hare scrambles in the woods. I'll give it a shot, but just not this race.

Leaving bright and early in the morning ... riding with a buddy this time, so the 3 hour drive might go a little faster. We'll be pitting together, too, so that should be more fun than going it alone like the last race, though I don't mind that, it's fun too but in a different way.
nobrakes is offline   Reply With Quote