View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 11:34 AM   #19
Mr.Efficiency
Adventure Wuss

Oddometer: 463
You are kidding, right? Now don't get me wrong. I love the KLR, I mean love the KLR. It is cheap, you can hammer the living pee out of it... did I mention its cheap?

BUT, the best dual sport... Cmon, isn't that a bit of a stretch. I mean the KTM 690... and all the other KTM's for that matter. Even the liter class KTM adventure can go anywhere that the KLR could and the Katie could get you there on the road. Fact of the matter, the KLR doesn't keep up well on the death race 2010 American roadways and you have to consider that with the realities of the dual sport.

Now I won't stretch anyone's imagination either. I ride an R1200GS and it would be difficult for me to drag it into the giggly bushes... its a big bike, but really folks, BMW doesn't sell it as an off-road bike, they sell it as an all-roads bike.

If I were really going to take on single track I would want a KTM and accept no substitutes, since I don't and I won't the GS is the best all-round performer, and that is the reality of the dual sport world. Most aren't ridden off-road.