View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 03:31 PM   #50
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Oddometer: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradatlarge
Oh man. I hate you guys for tempting me into this but, I'm so in....one question though:

I'm looking at the dual set. My situation is as follows:

Bike: Zumo 550 (with all its attendant capabilities)

Me: Blackberry Tour for phone

Passenger: Blackberry 8900 for phone

and there's an iTouch with bluetooth also floating around that could figure into this situation.

My question is, with the Sena units can the passenger pair her phone to her headset and also use the intercom? She's a medical professional that often is on call - having the ability to take phone calls on the bike would be HUGE for her.

Help me understand how our various devices would work, please?
Good questions. On the Sena, the pairing of the headsets to each other, is a separate function than pairing to the GPS, phone, iTouch, etc. This procedure should get you there.

Yours:
  • Power off Blackberry
  • Pair the Zumo to Sena using the MP3, GPS, Phone option on the Zumo - that will utilize the Sena's headset profile
  • Turn on the BlackBerry
  • Pair the BB to the Zumo. This will use the Zumo's phone/hands-free profile. You will be able to dial out and accept calls from the Zumo's screen, with the audio in the headset.
Passenger:
  • Power off BlackBerry
  • Pair iPod to the Sena - this will use the A2DP profile for stereo music.
  • Turn on BlackBerry - Pair Sena to the BB - this will use the hands-free profile. You can answer calls using the 'phone button' on the Sena, or reject calls by tapping on the 'jog dial'
To simplify things, my suggestion is to power off any Bluetooth devices that you are not pairing to - so turn off the iPod and passenger's BB when pairing your setup.
Autocom | TPX Radar/Laser | Sena Bluetooth
| Hi-Power LED Lights
Shorai Battery | Techmount | Powerlet | Rowe PDM60 | Skene Design

RocketMoto screwed with this post 05-09-2010 at 03:46 PM
RocketMoto is online now   Reply With Quote