View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 05:03 PM   #9
Spinalcracker OP
former redriderofma

Oddometer: 1,079
Durning lunch in Wurtsboro I decided I was going to motel it for the night. After being out in the cold all day I really wanted to warm up.
So I go to the bike, get all zipped up , put my helmet on, get my gloves on, sit on the bike and hit the start button and nothing happens. I pull in the clutch, make sure I"m in neutral and try again. OH Crap, nothing just a little clicking. The lights won't come on the horn won't beep the onboard computer won't light up. The battery is dead.

I guess I can't have all the heated gear and the extra lights for better visibility on at the same time. Found all that out after the fact. So I called the BMW roadside assistance and they sent a guy out with one of those portable packs and Lava started right up.

So Now I was about 2-3 hours behind and there was no way I was going to make as far as I wanted that day. I rode for about 2 more hours with the heated gear off to let the battery charge up so by the time I was ready to stop, just south of the Delaware Water Gap I was really cold.

I found a cheap motel checked in and took a hot shower. Next to the motel was "The Taste Of Portugal BBQ"

I had ribs that were not too bad.

Today was a great day. Sunny about 60 degrees. Great for riding. My goal was to get to Gettysburg.

But first a little snack

Southwest omelet

Roads like this today

My sidekick approves

This yard was full of old VeeDubs

Hey Barb I found a house we can afford

Passed this a couple of times

Fort Indian Gap looks like a chopper base

I made it to Gettysburg around 5 pm today. Found a great B&B and had a yummy dinner. Crab Cakes and pecan pie.
I'm off at 8:30 to go on a ghost tour. Should be fun.

Tomorrow look like rain so I don't know how far I will get.
Vermont Covered Bridges
Spinalcracker is offline   Reply With Quote