View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 06:37 PM   #5
chasbo OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,626
Smoke Hole Road is one of my all time favorite twisty roads. Most people in the area use the state highways, so this road is almost always deserted, especially mid morning in the middle of the work week! The first several miles is a non stop roller coaster of a road. It is a typical West Virginia back road in that it is barely wide enough for two cars to pass one another, so good thing it stays fairly low traffic otherwise it would be pretty scarey.

the other direction...

The worst thing about the road is that the rider in me wanted to just crank it and go while the part of me that loves the scenery was constantly tempted by the beautiful views all along the length of the road. Thankfully, after one stop, I put the tourist away and got in touch with my inner Rossi.

Many miles down the road, I came to a T intersection and got to play Mr. Tourist again...
Saw this cool little store...

next to a picturesque little trout filled creek...

I followed the creek for the next several miles and had a blast...

Finallly, I came to the end of the road and turned right and headed west some more towards Seneca Rocks....