View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 07:23 PM   #22
One Less Harley OP
OH.THAT'S GONNA HURT

Oddometer: 4,419
OEM Sump Gaurd, and Twin Headlight Earnie's Center Stand Guard

Newest addition to the G/S- Sump and center stand guards. I tried to get the OEM BMW center stand guard, but they were NLA, so The other option was the Twin Headlight Earnie one, which looks better and mounts better than the OEM, but the Earnies' sump guard was not a design I liked, the rigid attachment to the sump was unacceptable. I decided against it after seeing Hardware Girl's on the ST.

I purchased the sump guard, bolts, rubber spacers and washers from Chicago BMW and as luck would have it there were none in the USA, but there was ONE left in Germany. YEAH THAT'S RIGHT ONE.....ONE ...ONE, WHICH MEANS THAT THERE WILL BE NO MORE OEM ONES EVER!!!! I don't think they will be making any more ever again.

A shot of the 22mm headed bolts (note the shank on the bolt), rubber spacers, and flat washers which mount between the rubber and sump.

Another shot of how the mounts are assembled.

Another view of the guard.

A comparison shot between the little bitty stock guard, note the cooling vents, sure wish the big on had these!!

and it mounted, yes the guard is really close to the exhaust pipe, so close I had to loosen the exhaust clamp and fined nut and move the pipe a little to clear the guard.

A nice neat fit to the Twin headlight Earnie center stand guard.

2003 Suzuki DRZ 400S (TAT Prep)
One More DRZ does the TAT (Ride Report)

One Less Harley screwed with this post 05-12-2010 at 07:48 PM
One Less Harley is offline   Reply With Quote