View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 04:33 PM   #1
Night Falcon OP
Adventure NZL

Oddometer: 1,677
MY KTM 690 Adventure

Hi there lurkers.

Having been the previous owner of a KTM 990 Adventure, which I had to reluctantly sell due to medicinal purposes, i'd been looking around for a suitable lighter weight replacement. My extensive rersearch lead me to the only reasonable option available due to the demize of the very capable 640 Adventure, namely to build my own....a much more exciting prospect than simply buying an off the self bike.

Many have already chosen the KTM 690 as a base on which to add the nessacary essentials to construct the allround adventure bike, and for good reason. Thus I scowered the forsale coloums looking for a suitable 2nd hander with no luck. Fortuneatly a KTM dealer was able to get first dibs on the KTM press bike (the very one i'd been researching in one of our bike mags) and I was able to purchase it for substantially lower than new price.

I have now already completed most of the build but would like to pass on to other DIY bikers some ideas of how I turned this:

into this:

My list of add ons include:

Safari tank - 14ltr - mileage range approx 550klm
Rally Fairing
FMF Exhaust
KTM 990 front fender
Koubra 1 inch lowering link
Zumo 550 GPS & mount Bracket
Seat upgrade - essential!!
30mm bar risers
Scott oiler
KTM 690 Head light protector
KTM 690 pannier racks
Custom top box mount
Pelican panniers & top box
KTM 990 indicators
Front rim lock
Perrelli Scorpian AT rear tire
custom dash board including:
12v power adaptor
Relocated (Warranty replacement) speedo
Relocated Map control dial & housing.

I hope this thraed will be of use to anyone contemplating Adventuizing their KTM690.

Cheers
SPDDY.

Night Falcon screwed with this post 04-27-2014 at 11:05 PM
Night Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote