Now this is a man's BBQ!!!!
We'll be entering the BBQ season in a few months . Therefore it is important to refresh your memory on the etiquette of this sublime outdoor cooking activity .
When a man volunteers to do the BBQ the following chain of events are put into motion:
(1) The woman goes and buys the food.... and the beer!.... while he fires up the BBQ. Only a man knows a good slice of meat, so I do it.
(2) The woman makes the salad, prepares the vegetables, and makes dessert.
(3) The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to the man who is lounging beside the grill - beer in hand. The man prepares the meat as only he knows how to do, the woman can simply bring beer after beer
(4) The woman remains outside the compulsory three meter exclusion zone where the exuberance of testosterone and other manly bonding activities can take place without the interference of the woman. Three meters is to much space between me and her. I can't grab her ass, and she can't hand me a beer.
Here comes the important part:
(5) THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL.... duh! Agreed
(6) The woman goes inside to organize the plates and cutlery. Agreed
(7) The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is looking great. He thanks her and asks if she will bring another beer while he flips the meat. The man comments on how nice her daisy dukes look on her
(8) THE MAN TAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL AND HANDS IT TO THE WOMAN. Agreed
(9) The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauces, and brings them to the table. Agreed
(10) After eating, the woman brings him another beer and then clears the table and does the dishes. Agreed
And most important of all:
(11) Everyone PRAISES the MAN and THANKS HIM for his cooking efforts.
(12) The man asks the woman how she enjoyed 'her night off ' and, upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there's just no pleasing some women!