View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 12:21 PM   #14
Hotmamaandme OP
Wishing I was riding RTW

Oddometer: 2,697
There are two ways to get to or from the Race Track. The way we came via Scottys Castle or Lippencott Mine road. You will see on part II the March issue the other route. Lippencott is a much tougher rougher jeep road. Having never been on it at this time with Marcia we decided to just go back the way we came. We had plenty of time to ride over to Ryholite so thats what we did. Having rode up and then back down Lippencott Mine road now I can say the Ural could have gone down Lippencott Mine road but not up. Maybe if you wanted to beat your Ural up it would go up it maybe but its not what we like to do.

Ok so back the way we came to Ryholite.

Ryholite is famous for this plaster last supper scene. It used to be an old mining town. Its not in Death Valley its in Nevada.

Bottle house

We had decided at the Race Track on our break to head back home the following day. Titus canyon was still closed due to snow as well as Saline Valley and West side road. So with the knowledge of a lot of the park still closed and returning with the NOOBS in March we said we would take a couple days a ride slow home.

Marcia wanted a better pic of the sand dunes on the way back to camp. Again our point and shoot cameras cant do this scene justice.

We stopped again in Stove Pipe Wells for gas water and ice cream. The bikes after a long day.

Jimmy Lewis quote: "Those KLRs are full of potential. Just takes a rider..."

Hotmamaandme screwed with this post 05-21-2010 at 04:50 PM
Hotmamaandme is offline   Reply With Quote