View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 08:50 PM   #14241
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 16,151
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCer
meetup in castaic, windrat apparently took the scenic route and missed the launch. it's a big bike kinda day

overlooking the antelope valley on the powerline road between lake elizabeth and the aquaduct. this was just after i learned how heavy the 800 is to pick up, twice

i screwed up a bunch of photos with the camera dial moving to the manual setting and me not checking prior to every shot. I salvaged a few by making them artsy b&w. this shot has the aqueduct in the background, trust me

i didn't see it (wasn't keeping up with john and sito) but this snake escaped death when the hawk carrying it off was startled by the bikes and dropped the snake. he found the nearest hole and disappeared

here's another salvaged photo but turned out kind of cool. crossing over the 58 there was a truck on it's side, a victim of the wind we think. mr chp approaching on the right of the truck asked what was i doing and why am i there and why did i ignore the road closed sign. i explained we just came off a powerline road, he paused, frowned, and told me to move on

and one more salvaged pic that works well for gritty little randsburg. ran into nowwhat, traveltoad and toast. good seeing you guys. good video of hill climbs should be coming from toast.

we met again at the husky memorial. this place is better in person than in pics

the travel could be better on these forks

some photos in b&w, on purpose this time

rip fallen bikers

sito was having trouble all day with the engine cutting out. finally stopped and the boys put their heads together to figure it out.

black and orange were the colors of the day

late in the day we're in the middle of nowhere. this 70 mph super highway eventually turned into a rough 2 track, then hit a paved road. a stop for gas in lake los angeles and then home. thanks again guys - it was good times

good to see dale is back riding again..... and comes home with nice pics to add...

hey, john...check out the pentax w80 - water/dust/shock proof @ $250 now; same camera i'm using.

not bad pics from a dying camera....

NSFW screwed with this post 05-23-2010 at 09:16 PM
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote