Thread: SKMo Joe
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 10:49 PM   #4
Flyred OP
Who is John Galt?

Oddometer: 673
Day 3 Takhini Hot Springs

636 miles
Ahhhh. Nothing like a hot soak after a long day.
Crossing the Northern Canadian Rockies. One 10 mile stretch took me 3 hours because of all the photo stops.
Lots of game along the road. 10+ bears. 10+ Bison. Cariboo.
After watching all the bears, I figured I should stop and get a pic of at least one. This one was chilling 50' off the road so I stopped the bike. My stopping got the bear shambling off but every 4th step he would fall on his face. The pic doesn't show it well but the bears right front leg is broken and sticking out at a 90 degree angle from where it should be.

Poor bastard is toast.

Here's a healthy and lazy Bear

On a happier note.
The Pink Mtns

Breakfast at The Toad

Back into the Rockies with a full stomach and gas tank

Muncho Lake Prov Park. My oh my!

The fuel stops were frequently very scenic

You need to carry fuel up here. I didn't know they made Peg Packers for cruisers.

A fuel and food stop in Whitehorse. Some really good Pizza at Boccelli's next to the Head Shop and the Soup Kitchen. Hand tossed thin crust. Good stuff!

Then there's this boat parked in town. Don't know why

30 km out of town is the hot springs. A tent space with use of the pool is $27. Perfect way to finish off the day

Takhini is a natural choice for a camp along the road to Dawson City.

There is an old Road House along the Hwy that is falling apart and looks a thousand years old. It stopped working commercially in 1957. The Yukon is tough on structures

DC is a comfortable days ride from here with a couple side trips thrown in. Like to Mayo, AK

Mayo's cemetary. Seems like they all died in 1923

Nothing to see here folks. Move along.

If you ride this route you will see this.

http://cheezburger.com/flyred/lolz/View/3572796928

Flyred screwed with this post 12-11-2013 at 04:17 PM
Flyred is offline   Reply With Quote