View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 02:52 PM   #4
ejtv OP
Per ipsum

Oddometer: 1,203
Day 2: Moab: Shafer Trail

I think this is on the first section of the Shafer Trail way down from the Islands In The Sky Visitor Center after we purchased our permits for the WRT. Note: half way on the WRT, we did get stopped by a park ranger to show our permits.

Riding on a ledge, on the way to the famous switchbacks. We figured if we made it through Long Canyon, we would make it through the WRT.

Top of Shafer, looking down at the portion of the Shafer Trail connecting with the WRT:

We each had to get a pic here:

I was the first to go down the Shafer Switchbacks. I ought to photoshop-out that green jeep:

There, no jeep, now you are not distracted and can see me coming down:

I then stopped half way down and took a picture of my son from where he took the picture above. You can only see the white speck of his helmet directly above the switchback on this picure, two thirds up on the face of the wall. It takes a bit to get used to the heights while riding, but it must have taken real guts to build the roads:

And here he is riding down. If you compare the two pictures, the white speck of the helmet above is now gone:

Anyway, the dimension, the perspective, the scale of this place is beyond anything pictures can capture yadayadayada.

About to hook up with the WRT:

Road Reports by ejtv click here

ejtv screwed with this post 05-30-2010 at 05:51 AM
ejtv is offline   Reply With Quote