Thread: SKMo Joe
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 06:30 PM   #14
Flyred OP
Who is John Galt?

Oddometer: 673
On to Watson Lake and the beginning of the end : (

358 miles from Ross River

After finishing the CanOl my plan was to turn West again and head to Haines. A look at my tires tells me I need to head for home instead. I should have spotted tires up here and changed them both out. Last year I changed the rear only because the front TKC 80 usually will last 9,000 miles. This year they both are looking like crap after only 4,000 miles.

Over the Continental Divide

Another scenic gas station

The RCAF Pilots Lodge owned by Mike the German. a great place to stay the night. Mike is a rider as well and is rebuilding a wrecked 650GS with all the TouraTech bits. The Lodge is clean and quiet.

The next morning I start late to take advantage of the Lodges Wi-Fi. Then over to the Watson Lake visitors office to give them the promised road condition report of the South CanOl. "But it's closed!" they said. "Well sure it's closed but the road really isn't that bad considering.
They were not amused.

Breakfast at Sally's Cafe. Same place as last year. Food is all homemade and great.
It's at the junction of the AlCan and the Cassier

The problem of the day. I'm out of cash. None of the businesses have an ATM so it's back into Watson Lake and then back to the junction. An extra 24 miles.
Away I go down the Cassier.
What a great road. I remember last year thinking how boring and I wonder if that was because the mountains were snow free. This year I am distracted looking at the scenery.

Gas station pets

No gas

Jade City

The site of marital stress

Gready (sp) Cunt !

Bell 2 CG

enjoying my Jade City Cigar ash tray

Bell 2 is a Heli-Skiing base camp and resort. They have a hot tub and sauna. They have gourmet pizza and sandwiches in the fridge as well. I was convinced after the mention of pizza

The road to Hyder

The Bear Glacier

Welcome to Hyder, AK Population 30

The Border

Mile 0 again

Down at the Yacht Club-Single wide house boats

Downtown Stewart BC for breakfast
The famous Toaster Museum

Morning rush hour

Back on the Cassier and headed home

Coffee break at Bonus Lake

Kitwanga BC and the end of the Cassier.

What he said?

Zip up the Darian Jacket here comes a big storm heading into Smithers. It dumped on me.

Last camp at Stone Creek RV- 10 mile South of Prince George, BC. Owned by a Swiss guy, the camp is as clean as a golf course. Even the fire pits are cleaned. The only trouble is you are right by Hwy 97 so it's loud. The good news though is the other camp at Hixon is much worse. Stay here if you are tent camping

The view from my tent

Another early departure. Long shadows.

The road to Whistler BC runs along the Fraser River-same as my last camp spot. Coming into Lillooet is impressive because of the canyon.

If you're a Chelsea Handler fan. this will be funny

Hard to believe Jumbo is only 2 1/2 years old

Finally home. This time to an empty apartment since my wife and I have been separated for a while now.Still no marching bands but at least this time there was cold beer in the fridge.

Flyred screwed with this post 12-06-2013 at 08:31 PM
Flyred is offline   Reply With Quote