View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 04:48 PM   #8
SCflyer OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,576
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjudge
Woah, wait a minute. I just called Garmin last week trying to purchase the "Lifetime" maps for my 376C and the lady said it was only for units like the Nuvi that had the maps preloaded. I didn't think the 478 was in that category. How did you get lifetime maps????? I'm getting tired of buying a $100 map every year or two for both of my GPSs.

RIck
Did your 376 come preloaded with City Navigator? If so, then you should be able to use the Lifetime updates. When calling Garmin about this problem the lady I spoke to said the unit doesn't have an internal memory . I thought it has to since it has the maps on it...She corrected herself later. The site info. says it does have internal memory but the maps are preloaded onto the what internal memory it does have when made and u can update what's already there, not load additional. There is no "internal memory" for extra stuff. If you want to add more maps (topo for example) you have to get a data card. I tried to find any information (receipts, purchase info etc) for the lifetime update but no joy. I don't remember if I called or ordered it online...but it works...well, most of the time.

Guess mine is the odd GPS out since the others above seemed to work ok. I tried it again, and again it would only load Canada. Maybe it's telling me something about where I need to go!

SCflyer screwed with this post 05-30-2010 at 04:54 PM
SCflyer is online now   Reply With Quote