View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 12:20 AM   #233
Bluebull2007 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,011
I finally got round to putting together a video of the training ride I did on the a week and a half ago. The ride was not my best, albeit the I managed the tricky section of closely spaced small dunes okay.

My hand still wasnt right, and it did not help when I came off in a rocky area after narrowly avoiding getting stuck on a steep, soft dune. You can see that shortly after 3:10 in the video, if you want to skip the dunes, and perhaps the shortest fuel attendant I have ever seen.

I was actually very lucky the bike did not get hurt or get any broken bones myself. I did manage to bruise my knee badly, through a Asterix kneebrace, as well as my hand. I rode on for another 5-10km before calling it a day, and retiring. I was pretty miffed about being a pissie and giving up so easily, but argued I still needed some time for my older injuries to heal.

Anyway this last week gym went on in earnest and I finished it yesterday with an awesome 8 hour ride that turned into a bit of an epic. I joined up with my pervian mates and we attacked some mountains. Starting at sea level we climbed up to 1050m following a mountain ridge. I´ll wright a more detailed report in the next couple of days, in the meantime, here is a small taster:

Bluebull2007 screwed with this post 05-31-2010 at 12:37 AM
Bluebull2007 is offline   Reply With Quote