View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 06:05 PM   #1
One Less Harley OP
OH.THAT'S GONNA HURT

Oddometer: 4,597
Heading off to school BMW Performance School that is...

On June 24th I'll be heading off to Greer SC, for two days training (25-26) at the BMW Performance Center, off road school. Looking forward to it. I've signed up to ride a R12GS. At first I wanted to ride one of the smaller bikes offered, yeah, little intimidated by the big bike. What the heck if I learn on the big R12 then my G/S aught to be easy then???

I've been riding on the road since about 1990, 700SC Honda Nighthawk, then stepped up to a 93 K1100RS, then the current street bike '04 R1150RS. I'm OK on the road and ride a little spiritedly at times. Had a G/S for about two years now and want to get more comfortable off road when the bike gets loose especially the front end, but just makes me nervous on a heavy bike.
The rough slow technical stuff doesn't bother me too much on my Honda Elsinore MT250, as it's like a mountain bike w/ an engine, but the big beemer is another story.

I know this is early for the post, as it's still weeks away, but wanted to post here early in case I might get some good info or to post more questions in the up coming weeks.

I also plan to take time on Sunday before heading home to explore some roads in the Greer area. I'll be on the G/S. Any info on good roads in the area would be appreciated, plus a description on the level of difficulty.
2003 Suzuki DRZ 400S (TAT Prep)
One More DRZ does the TAT (Ride Report)

One Less Harley is offline   Reply With Quote