View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 08:32 AM   #84
Rockin Rollin OP
Rockin Adventurer

Oddometer: 689
Cool2

Met back up with Mike in Gerro Negro. We rode right thru Catavena which is spectacular in nature. Mike needed to get home however & so we took no pics & rode thru to El Rosario just Before dark. I do have a lot of pictures of that area in my Baja2009 report below.
Mike left for home next morning. I stuck around for a bit to do some laundry, then rode north to Erindera & Coyote Cals Hostel, on the pacific coast once again. I had stayed here last year when I dirt biked Baja. Beautiful location on the Pacific.

Met Matthew & Barnaby here. Brothers, here from England. Here on a surfing adventure. Really nice guys. They had actually travelled across the US making a movie prior to this.
www.thisisalongshot.com So in fact they are actually movie producers. Cool!

Love that surf crashing in on the rocks.

First nite here was also my first nite getting sick/diarria in Mexico. Ended up being a good cleanout of my system but I didn't get much sleep that nite.
Next day headed out to San Pedro national park.

Elevation here was ~9000 feet & had snow & ice, & a sign NO MOTORCyCLES.

It was a great curvy road but suface condtions at time had light loose gravel which was hard to see. Coming back down the mountain I came around one corner & suddenly found myself in a 2 wheel drift. Keeping the bike upright put me off the road into gravel & rock leading to a cliff. I was able to hang on & slow the bike & turn back toward the road with a very limited amount of time before a big ditch opened up as the road started down. Went thru the upper part of the ditch & bounced back up onto the road just in time. Exciting! Whew!:
Click on:
-Now: Fly/ride - Panama to Alaska & pts between.
-2009 Colorado & West Fest
-Baja 2009 from Canada
"Take time, because time will eventually take you"! (and you never know just how much yer gonna get )
Let's ride!
07 Suzuki V-Strom 650 with ABS for long distance adventure & Dualsport
08 Husaberg FE450 (Street Plated)
Rockin Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote