View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 09:22 AM   #8
machinebuilder
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Less Harley
Two day events you can only use there's. I believe that's right. Besides on the one day stuff the price isn't that much higher to use a supplied bike. I know not much will break on the G/S, turn signals probably, possibly a bashed tank or something.

My G/S is sorted out now.....I hope, been $pending the last 1.5 years tinkering w/ her and pretty sure it's mostly tip top shape. Was going to ride the TAT 1st, but figured It'd wise to take some learning.

I'll try to turn this into a ride report, when I get on the road to the event, then some picts of training. Hopefully I'll get some good shots.
It's an awesome school, I did the one day Off road in April and it really helped me on and off road.

Their rules are use their bike for the off road, that way you're not worried about breaking your bike. I had the repairman out for me 3 times.....one time to adjust the clutch and 2 times for a bent shifter. the F800GS really needs a folding shifter.

Enjoy it, I would recomend driving your cage there, it is a very exhausting experience. Also wear the coolest gear you have, Greer is quite warm and the day is spent at very low speeds.