View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 09:27 AM   #63
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Griz
Well, I can tell you right now that if I had tuned my KLR to 15:1 or higher I would have been seriously overheating and damaging many things. When I was going through the paces with tuning that bike, I remember hitting 15:1 and being far to lean on a test run. I got home, pulled into the garage, got off the bike, and noticed my header was glowing bright orange. 15:1 or higher for the KLR for any extended period of time: NO GOOD.

Read my previous post. You're basically echoing exactly what said.
Griz,

All you ever wanted to "achieve" was 14.7 and now 15:1 would seriously overheat and damage the bike.

If you really have still not understood it, you don't tune for ONE specific number, and 14.7:1 is not known and has been known for decades to be the perfect air/fuel mixture for gasoline-burning engines - unless you are talking about emissions.

Like I said from the beginning, you tune for load/throttle position, going from slightly lean at cruising RPMs (where it will not damage anything) to rich under full load (to produce max power and protect the engine from detonation and overheating).

Now please stop posting more BS, or at least read through the previous replys as we have been through all this already.
LukasM is offline   Reply With Quote