View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 02:58 PM   #1
Alcan Rider OP
Frozen Fossil

Oddometer: 3,841
Haul Road Chronicles

Dalton "Highway", aka Haul Road:

There are times readers are researching this particular stretch of road and find themselves having to look through dozens, if not hundreds, of ride reports to get the information they seek. Over the years, with several trips up and down the Haul Road here in Alaska, I have written some ride reports concerning those trips. So to make the task a little easier for those researchers, those reports will be listed here, and as time becomes available this will, hopefully, become something of a compilation of the primary features of those trips. It is not intended to be the ultimate guide, far from it. But it will include this rider's experiences - good and bad - and attempt to give an overview of some of the things a rider might expect to find along the way.

From my first motorcycle trip across the Yukon River in 2001 on my heavily laden Concours -

- to more recent trips on a more appropriate mount, the KLR -

there will be photos covering many of the conditions encountered from Mile 0 to Deadhorse, as well as the beauty that can be found in that pristine vastness. As with many of my reports, this will be a continuing effort, periodically upgraded with new photos and updated information.

And links to past reports, such as -

First (and Perhaps Last) Annual April Fool's Arctic Circle Ride

A Spring Ride On The Haul Road

Anyone Up For Deadhorse on Labor Day Weekend??

Dalton 1, Alcan Rider 0

Perfect Weather to Deadhorse on the 4th

What's A Sweet Young Thing Like You Doing With This Motley Crew?

The Dalton Highway Again, or, From the First Day of Fall Into Winter

Coldfoot Lunch Run Anyone?

I'm Buying Lunch

HayDee Is No Longer A Virgin

Another Dalton Tale... With Photos

You Don't Have To Go “All The Way” For It To Be Enjoyable

With more to come - hopefully.
Haul Road Primer

Alcan Rider screwed with this post 06-07-2011 at 12:07 PM Reason: We done another one.
Alcan Rider is offline   Reply With Quote