View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 02:46 PM   #14529
MojaveSidecar
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 570
Time to get the dualsports on the road

Its been a hectic last 3 qtrs for me, with a new role at work, job training, weddings, business conferences, sale of of real estate etc.

This next week or 2 we should finally should be wrapping up some painting and ceiling repair in the house so I should get my home office back this week....
this is what it looks like today.

Anyhow the dualsports have been sitting since last year. I did put seafoam in the tanks before parking them so hopefully I won't have any issues with gas.

The first bike I will attempt to resurrect is the yellow DRZ in the pic below..

I'll put it on the charger tonight and if I'm lucky, I'll get the battery back. If it starts OK, I'll change the oil, service the filter and install a replacement clutch pack I have sitting on the self. If that all works, I will need to get a hold of Javier for some suspension work.

Once the DRZ is done, the KLR in the foreground is next. It is going to wind up being a tug for a dualsport sidecar, hopefully by August, but it needs a complete servicing before the conversion begins.

Soon as I get the DRZ roadworthy, I'm looking forward to seeing you FFs on a weekend ride in the not to distance future.

Randy from Burbank
MojaveSidecar is offline   Reply With Quote