View Single Post
Old 03-10-2005, 08:17 PM   #9
Greg Minor
The Trespasser

Oddometer: 2,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Clipper
Hi James. Didn't get my seat yet, it's scheduled to arrive tomorrow--can't wait! I'll let you know about it when it gets here.

Greg--what kind of tires do you have in the 17/19 combo? And why don't you like it in the dirt? For that matter, why do you like it on the street? Your input is appreciated! I have another set of hubs coming,a nd I can lace anything I want to them. Right now, I have Buchanan/Sun rims and stainless spokes and nipples with a 1.8 front and 2.75 rear. Works great with Metzeler Karoos on it (so far).
If I had it to do all over again I would have kept the stock setup for street and built a new set of offroad wheel which I ended up doing anyway I have a 2.5/18 rear and a 1.6 front for my regular DP wheels and the 17/19 that I ran anakees on which caused the front end to tuck in the dirt I just bought a brand new set of BMW spec TKC's right before my accident that I was going to use for my ride to DV Daze but I never got the chance. The problem I had with the 17/19 setup was that if I was street riding I would alway seem to find a new offroad opportunity and the 19" wheel took all that nice handling away in the dirt. The 17" with the big 150/70/17 is a big tire. I think its a better set up than the 140/80/18 that is available. I'll bet it will last longer too. With the 21" wheel I would raise the fork tubes to accomadate the drop in height in the rear. I think someone has done this. I planned to test it but it will be several months before I can ride
2003 Ducati Multistrada
2001 Honda XR 400
1988 C&J Honda 625
1970 Honda SL 100 (green)
Greg Minor is offline   Reply With Quote