View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 04:16 PM   #41
One Less Harley OP
OH.THAT'S GONNA HURT

Oddometer: 4,579
Vision X Lights

I had recently purchased a set of hid lights from Trail Tech and was less than impressed w/ them, both quit working in a VERY short time.

So I looked into another option- ended up going for the Vision X LED(same as the Denali lights) lights w/ the Euro lens, which is between a spot and flood light (wish there was spot light version). The light output is very good, very white light and very brite. The light pattern fills in up close the empty spots in the stock high beam lighting, but don't reach out any further than the stock H4 (65w high). There is no beam pattern to the light and I assume glare in rain or fog would be extreme and probably excessive.

Construction of the lights are top notch, very nice and heavy cast aluminum. The light mount very solidly to the mounts and other lights can be mounted together by means of a very nice aluminum block. Stainless bolts and u shape bracket. The wiring harness has a very nice water proof pig tail.

I also used a Piaa wiring harness ( which I already had) Piaa mounting bracket to attach to the crash bars, this swivels for differing mount locations. The lights are switched (on/off) with the high beam only.

PIAA Mount

2003 Suzuki DRZ 400S (TAT Prep)
One More DRZ does the TAT (Ride Report)

One Less Harley screwed with this post 06-08-2010 at 04:24 PM
One Less Harley is offline   Reply With Quote