View Single Post
Old 03-11-2005, 07:47 AM   #15
daotoys1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,117
I have a collection of exotic bikes...mostly Italian stuff...

TM are hand crafted off road bike and cart engine builders...all my TM 2 stroke and 4 stroke bikes come with balanced, blueprinted and polish/match ported engines...

Vertemati of which I have 5 copies, also Italian hand crafted race bikes...are also match ported and polished from the factory....

Bimota also matchports, polishes and routinely do head work on the bikes they use to build...they of course would source engines from suppliers, but they would rework the engines to thier specs before using them in thier hand assembled bikes....

Its nice to see that KTM, also a race oriented bike maker, is not cutting all corners to safe money on the mass production level of their manufacturing...

Of course, this extra time and attention to details will raise the cost of the parts, and the bikes them selves...but you end up with a better bike in the process too.....

This is oneof the reasons I personally am attracted to the Hand made Exotic vehicles...both of 2 and 4 wheeled design....you get better quality of parts, work manship and assembly....plus alot of attension to details, and billet, and sand cast alloy components.....so you get a work of art as well as a vehicle...

daotoys1 is offline   Reply With Quote