View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 02:39 PM   #19
JoelWisman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,392
I have actually found the F800GS clutch to be pretty good, but if you superheat it just once, or fail to notice all the slack is gone in the cable it will cook in short order.

My clutch is sickly but it's at 11,000 hard miles and I can tell you exactly when it got cooked.

So could anyone that was riding behind me that day.

Insane no track hill climb with lots of logs that had to be hoped or crashed over, throttle pinned, slipping the whole way up for control, riding way beyond my skill level but with pride and determination as my companion.

I made the top of the hill which is more then most did, but by half way up everyone could smell my clutch. When you can smell a wet clutch, you are really frying the shit out of it :)

same thing as you, the first friction disk took the brunt of damage.

FYI. If your bike was built before 2/2010 there is a HD option, the current factory part. BMW hardened the clutch up some, but you will have to replace all springs, disks, and plates.

A cheaper option if you like, bike bandit sells the oe disks and plates piece meal so you could just replace the first and save some dough.

Good luck :)

was the boosa rider impressed?
Owned to date. Honda Aero 50, Honda Elite 80, Honda Elite 250x2, Suzuki Katana, Suzuki RF600, Yamaha YZF1000R, Kymco Xciting 500, Suzuki GS500, Suzuki Burgman 650, BMW F800GSx2, BMW S1000RR, Aprilia Scarabeo 200, Aprilia Caponord, Aprilia Sportcity 250
I love and miss you Jeneca and I'm sorry.
JoelWisman is offline   Reply With Quote