View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 07:03 PM   #35
mnormand
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderTheX
You can tell itís been raining, this puddle is not that bad. I take a second to judge my line and decide to take the long and strait groove on the left-center of the picture.

This is the same shot in the 2D view from my GPS. Oark is in the bottom right of the picture. You can try your luck at this road yourself. If you can make it on a large adventure bike please let me know how you did it and I wish to try again next time!

I'm almost sure that's the same road we did on the SLAP2010 run on Saturday. We were a large group, two KLR650's, and Honda 650 R/L? they made it fine. The road turned into an sharp uphill Vshaped busted up shale trough kinda thing, with a trickle keeping everything wet. Personally I was careful as reasonably possible, didn't want to fall hard on those rocks, and really break something badly. That was pretty new to me too, and a great learning experience. Very glad I was on a smaller WR250R. Our Versys buddy had to turn around early, but he still won the A-effort award up to that point.

Nice report, surely we rode some of the same roads you did. Thoroughly great fun ! Those guys have it lucky living there.
mnormand is offline   Reply With Quote