View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 07:29 PM   #36502
TrophyHunter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,130
Suspension Upgrade test ride

I finally finished up the DR650 suspension upgrades and have been trying to fit a test ride into the schedule. I heard "we're gonna get our nails done" and started grabbing equipment.

The upgrades made a huge difference in the feel of the bike. It just felt more "planted" the entire time. It was very noticeable during cornering on the road. Sometimes I would get a "wallowing" feel from the rear and always thought it was the tire going away. No more. I intentionally rode it into potholes on the dirt and it soaked 'em up without bottoming or losing control. The suspension is, of course, much stiffer as heavier springs went in front and rear. The valving thru emulators and the Gold Valve really made a difference.

Can't wait to do some even more challenging terrain. Fun stuff.

Just a short 11 miles from the house to Thousand Trails and then up Otay Mtn for the usual views.

Where I'm headed....

Looking back at the road up.

Got a little "rattling" warning when I stopped for this photo looking North. Didn't see anything though.

The road ahead.

Turned right at Doghouse Junction and rode a short distance down the road to the border.

The fog had blown in and hadn't burned off yet. Looking East.

Always wanted to make a pit stop at This Place so I headed down Otay Lakes Rd and got there 10 minute before the divers came in.

"It's a small amount of gas, but it represents a long walk" My Dad...
TrophyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote