View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 05:07 PM   #12
PinkPillion OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 498
2up Black Rock Desert Anniversary Ride

Thanks to the newly acquired sleeping pads and inflatable pillows, sleeping was better than ever before. After camping in the worse conditions ever, we decided to spend the big bucks this time around. Well worth it I say! Morning on the Playa is always surreal. The hot spring had steam rising in the morning.

and the water was cooking up nicely for the coffee. We still had clean water, but wondered if if was ok to filter the hot spring. Vowed to learn more about the virus' associated with desert water prior to our next visit.

Richard got a hold of the camera as I was walking to the hot spring dock.

A couple of guys came past as we were packing up camp. They had stayed in Sulfer. They mentioned a interesting event taking place out on the Playa. Rockets. We headed out onto the Playa, straight toward the event.

Just in time to see this huge rocket shoot into the air.

We watched for a while then moved on. Came across Coyote Spring. It had a big fence around it. I climbed up there and found no visible water.
Just Richard doing tricks on the Playa.

This marker was right out in the middle of the desert. Quite dangerous for those driving 100 miles an hour, on the Playa, at night!!

...to be continued.
PinkPillion is offline   Reply With Quote