View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 09:47 AM   #9
apostle2 OP
The road less traveled.

Oddometer: 196
Day 1

Day1: May 28th, 2010

We get a late start but we get started none the less. The bikes are packed, were excited and yet nervous at the same time. But we’re ready.

Yours truly (apostle2)

Big Bro (arkridergc)

“Two Brothers on Two50’s)

We leave the house and fill the tanks up with fuel and take off on I40 eastbound. We ride the slab all the way to Wheatley, AR. The route that I planned for us had us turning off I40 at Brinkley, but I wasn’t paying enough attention (this becomes a frequent event) to the GPS and passed the Brinkley exit. So we took the next exit, got fuel and worked our way south to Hwy. 49, then headed east.

This was our first food stop in West Helena (Subway). The rear blinker lights I installed with the Edge Rear Light kit don’t seem to want to stay fastened any more. So every couple of days of riding I had to re_tape them so they will stay in place. Here I am re_taping them for the first time on the trip. It was a good thing I packed a new roll of electrical tape for the trip.

Soon after we eat, we reach the bridge that takes us across the MS river.

Then we enter Mississippi.

We work our way east on Hwy. 49 until we reach Hwy. 315. We continue east on Hwy. 315 until we get to Sardis Lake. We were going to pitch the tents at Sardis Lake but there wasn’t a single camping spot available because it was Memorial Day weekend. So we continue east and get a hotel room at Oxford, MS. We were in a rush to get the bikes unloaded because rain was eminent, we got everything in the room just in time.

Day one was officially in the books. A total of 284 miles in about 6 hours on the 250’s. Not a bad day.