View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 11:14 PM   #15
apostle2 OP
The road less traveled.

Oddometer: 196
Day 4

Day 4: May 31st, 2010

After a good nights sleep, we get up about 7:00 AM and start loading up the bikes. Dave and Cliff had started loading up as well. Buck was up early as well and walked over to chat and thank us for the business and company. All three guys suggest breakfast at the “B&B Country Store” just up the road from Cherohala Motorcycle Resort. So we take their advice and join Dave and Cliff for breakfast. (Cliff on the left, Dave on the right)

I’m glad we took their advice because the breakfast was excellent and the staff was great. After breakfast we go our separate ways (photo courtesy of Cliff).

As you can probably tell in the above picture there is still rain in the vicinity. Big Bro wanted to try to find a pair of waterproof gloves so we head back into Tellico Plains to a place that Buck recommended. “Tellico Motorcycle Outfitters”, this place had exactly the gloves he needed and they’re an ADVrider.com supporter. You can buy ADV stickers there if you need them. Neat little store tailored to the dual sport rider, and the owner rides a Super Sherpa!

You can see most of the Sherpa in the far right of the picture.

After our visit at Tellico Motorcycle Outfitters, we head north for Jellico. We start on two lane highways. Hwy. 68 to Hwy. 11 to Hwy. 321 to Hwy. 95 to Hwy. 61 to Hwy. 25 until we end up in Lake City.

Once we reach Lake City, we take I75 to Jellico. Even from the interstate the scenery is pretty good around here.

Before I even knew it we were in Jellico, TN. A cool rush of excitement comes over me when I see the sign and realize that we made it.

Once in Jellico we grab some lunch and review our route for the TAT. Then we get some fuel at a store just across the TN state line and inside Kentucky. Now we can add another state to our repertoire. Seven states total for the trip. Even though we were only a few feet inside Kentucky.

From here we simply follow the tracks along the TAT, nothing really picture worthy. Very little dirt roads but we end up getting a hotel at Harriman for the night. Dinner was provided buy the Cracker Barrel next door to the hotel. A total of 234 miles and another day in the books.