View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 02:31 AM   #2947
horseman474
Outback Albatross

Oddometer: 154
Super Tenere-GSA test ride today

Hi all,
Well I went into Sydney today and took an S10 for a ride.....
For those ADV riders in countries that are not getting this bike you may want to click away some were else.......

First impression when looking at the bike....it's a lot prettier in the flesh and has a nice silver speckle mixed in with the blue. It also looks bigger.

I'm 6ft3 tall and weigh 100 kilos. Been riding bikes all my life going back and foward from street to dirt bikes. My current bike is a Honda CRF450x that I flogg every other weekend. (A bit of back ground info)

Back to the S10...I rode the bike for 40 mins in various urban conditions. From heavy city traffic/freeway and suburbs..(No dirt but I feel with diffent tyre , No worries).

I felt extremly comfortable on the bike and confident from the moment I hoped on... Is this bike heavy ? I sure did not feel it ! I was flicking it around round abouts with no problem.

Hit 130klms per hour on the freeway and noticed minor buffetting on the top of my head. This may bother some people who are used to larger fairings but not me...I could ride the thing all day at that speed.

I then went and tested a 2009 GSA beemer with 13thou on the clock...
(it's the bike I've wanted for a long time). I didnt test a new 4 valve as I'm not going to spend that much money on a motorcycle. I dont know what people pay in Europe or the US but in Oz, GSA'S are running at $31 thou new).

The bike felt very top heavy to me and I felt I had to be a lot more cautious when riding through round-a -bouts...It did not give me the confidence that the Yamaha did..other than that it was a joy to ride.

Did I put down a deposit on the Tenere...No...but I will in two weeks when my end of financial year bonus comes through !!!

I loved the bike... (My wife thinks it looks better as well)
horseman474 is offline   Reply With Quote