View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 07:46 PM   #268
Bluebull2007 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,958
With the new tanks, the seat is a bit higher, but not much. The biggest change is the front tanks and I rode the bike with only those on in April, this is what it looked like back then :

I find the seat height comfortable and I could put my feet flat on the ground so even if its a little higher now, I think I will be fine.

We are busy with painting the Springbok on the bike, Im hoping it will be done tomorrow. We will be shipping the bike by air I think in the 2nd week of July. This will give the import agents time to make sure they can clear customs. We still have to finalize the bike carnets as well.

Charlie had the jetting changed and the carb tuned very rich for the 25% ethanol content in the Brazilian fuel. I'm told running it rich is the best way to start it that side. Any comments/pointers/advice on how to fiddle the carb to run on this stuff would be most welcome. I believe the carb is exactly the same as the KTM 450 so I guess I'll need to play around with mine in Lima for a bit. Does anyone have a good link for a noob to learn a bit more about this?

Rally Support & Logistics

Originally our team it was going to be 5 riders, but one american dropped out and our Argentinian friend joined another team that will aslo be doing the Dakar in January.

His mechanic & assistant were also in on the deal so on less than two weeks ago we suddenly had no mechanic. It was early enough for us to do something about it and between Des McDonald (Rally Panam, and now our team manager) and Antonio, we have a new mechanic. We will also be sharing the bivouac with their team who bring a lot of experience to our relatively inexperienced team.

So Team Rally Wild West now consist fo three riders, and four support crew, riding in a VW Kombi. Not ideal, but all we could find (Merc Sprinters are not availible it seems).

So the team currently stands at seven(3 riders, 4 support) . Thats 2 x7 single flights, 7 entrant fees, 7 mouths to feed and 7 people to add to the ±2,000 other competitors, support teams, organisation, medical staff, journalists and rally enthusiasts who will be charging from south to north across Brazil in 47 days time...

Whats still to arrange? PLENTY.

If you want to visit the website for the 2010 DOS SERTÕES Rally, here it is: http://www.sertoes.com/Ing_index.html

To wet your appetites, here is a video on last years 2009 Dos Sertões, there is some pretty hectic riding footage:

[IMG][/IMG]

Cheers for now.

Neil

Bluebull2007 screwed with this post 06-29-2010 at 07:51 PM
Bluebull2007 is offline   Reply With Quote