View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 09:53 PM   #94
Rockin Rollin OP
Rockin Adventurer

Oddometer: 689
Copper Canyon Mexico

Copper Canyon Mexico
This report is going to be a quickie as I am behind on Ride Reporting. This will be just highlights & best pics. There is so much detail especially when it comes to going into Mexico but just not enough time to tell. It is certainly very different down there & many times I really felt like WOW "I am really out there!" especially the fact I was riding on my own. I never felt unsafe or threatened at any time and for the most part all the people I met were wonderful. The trip was unfortunately too short as I was only in Mexico for a total of 6 days.
First order of business on the trip was bike maintenance as Suzi got beat up pretty bad in Baja. This is at my storage in Vegas. Which was my storage & Fly hub. Start & finish point.

Well this is fast forward right to the Copper Canyon, some amazing twisty roads to get to Creel where I was staying.
This rock would rock back & forth so Rockin Rollin had to go out & try it. Fun!

Stayed at the Hostel in Creel.

Parked the Bike in the Kitchen.

This Girl is Laurence. I was fortunate she was on the tour I took & was the only person Who could speak both Enlish & Spanish so she was my interpreter.
Interestingly she is actually French from France & now lives in Mexico, running an adventure compny that provides spanish lessons while people come out for
various adventures. http://www.adventuremexicanschool.com/ We had no sooner come back from the Copper canyon & she went back out on an atv adventure.
Cool!
Hi Laurence.

The Hostel (Not Hostile) greeters!

This area is the area of the Tarahumara Indians. They sell their crafts to tourists. I had brought along a bunch of stuffed toys to give away to the young children. They would have to accompany the mother. This young girl was such a happy thing & was dancing around. She was thrilled to get the little toy.
They wear very bright colourful clothing.

Tomorrow I ride to Batopilas.
Click on:
-Now: Fly/ride - Panama to Alaska & pts between.
-2009 Colorado & West Fest
-Baja 2009 from Canada
"Take time, because time will eventually take you"! (and you never know just how much yer gonna get )
Let's ride!
07 Suzuki V-Strom 650 with ABS for long distance adventure & Dualsport
08 Husaberg FE450 (Street Plated)

Rockin Rollin screwed with this post 07-01-2010 at 10:01 PM
Rockin Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote