View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 01:18 PM   #130
Burnszilla OP
BurnsMoto.com

Oddometer: 1,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerslave
Good to see you stand behind your product. I just got back from my Alaska trip. First use and afterward I noticed that the USB plug is very tight. It took considerable effort to plug in my iPhone cord. Eventually it quit charging my iPhone. Turns out the plug has removed enough metal from the apple cord contacts that it no longer makes proper contact. Has anyone else had/reported this problem? 1 week into the trip it would no longer charge while in use but it would maintain a charge or charge if the device was off. Other than that no compatibility problems with the iphone 3Gs or other MP3 (my buddies) player.

I'll try one more cord (its also original Apple cord) but if its still to tight can I send it back for exchange. These cords cost as much as this USB charger.

In generl Re weather protection: I mounted it to the middle of my handlebars on my vstrom with black zip ties. While it never really got wet due to fairing protection I can rotate it downwards if needed. good product.

Powerslave
Powerslave,
Thanks for running it through the gauntlet!
I've tried it with my iphone/ipod cable and it's very snug but not causing any damage.
If you need a replacement USB charger email me your address and I'll send one to you. Please send the old one in so I can return it to the supplier.
Burnszilla is offline   Reply With Quote