View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 01:01 PM   #83
Deadly99 OP
Fast and Far

Oddometer: 8,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Birdo
I'm in

+1 for the "Beaver Trail" or Beaver Cross Canada Trail or Beaver DS Trail .....whatever it is I love the Beav.....and the DS and the Canada.

Can't wait till you come out west lots of stuff to see in Alberta.

Paved roads might be necessary to get into towns for gas/maintenance/repairs......

Keep it alive . SWEET. SWEET. SWEET.

The Beaver Trail .......hmmmm.

No worries on keeping it alive, we're commited to it.

Paved roads will be used, it would be next to impossible not to. Almost every town is paved, even the very remote one's. As some one else mentioned it would be a annoying, I think, to be criss crossing slab just for the sake of trying to stay on gravel. They are dual sport bikes after all so some pavement will be utilized, we're just trying to limit the amount of it as there a few areas where it will have to be used as there are no other choices (a few Northern locations, crossing towns, getting to a ferry, linking fun trails and back roads, etc).

Two and half weeks until a group of us head out to ride Labrador and NFLD for a few weeks. Not much happenning between now and then riding wise for me. NFLD looks very promising, lot's of old rail beds to explore. The main one across the middle (T'Rail) is almost 900 km's long and a few of the others we plan to ride look great as well :)

The Beaver Trail eh. :)

TCAT (Trans Canada Adventure Trail)

Gravel Travel Canada - Canada's Source for Overland Travel
Deadly99 is offline   Reply With Quote