View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 04:50 PM   #5
lionsroaar OP
I meant to do that!!

Oddometer: 149
Our original plan for this ride was three days round trip. Day one was to head from Jackson, Ca. over the Sierra's via Highway 4 to Topaz Lake. We were going to camp near the lake then head South to Bodie out in the desert. We would leave Bodie, check out Mono Lake, then head to camp near the Buckeye Hot Springs for a nice soak before heading home the next day.

We came close to making that all happen, but not quite. It is an adventure right? Everything was going along smoothly as we made our way past Salt Springs Reservoir...

And along the powerlines while admiring the low hanging clouds nestled amongst the hills...

The rivers and creeks in the Sierra's are flowing a lot of water right now as this was a great snowfall year. All of this water is coming from the higher elevations and running down towards the reservoirs in the central valley and eventually the ocean.

This was the first time I've had the Husky loaded up like this and I was very pleasantly surprised by the handling even with the extra weight, etc. Of course I had just reinstalled the suspension a couple of nights before the trip after a revalve and freshening up from Les at LT Racing. What a huge improvement over stock. That investment definitely paid dividends later in our trip...

Does this make my ass look fat?

2009 Husky TE610

Up and over the Sierras to Bodie...
lionsroaar is offline   Reply With Quote