View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 04:05 PM   #7
lionsroaar OP
I meant to do that!!

Oddometer: 149
Redog1 had explored this area before with his wife a few years prior and had a general knowledge of how to get out of here. Our first mishap was while blasting along a rocky stretch of forest service road and I felt something hit the inside of my left thigh...Looking down I see my that my Iphone had come out of the map pocket on my Wolfman tank bag, hit my leg and promptly bounced off onto the trail without a further goodbye...

Sorry, no pics of this as I was a bit upset that 1)the velcro on the pocket didn't hold together well with all the rain pouring on it and 2)that I didn't see this coming and put the phone somewhere more secure. I found the phone but the screen was cracked and the bottom half of the case was apparently eaten by trail gnomes...Ugh!

We continue on our merry way to find new dead end logging roads...Ooops...He didn't actually go down, just got a little throttle happy going over a big bump and the luggage went one way while he went the other...

As well as lots of forest service roads blocked by downed trees...
We rode around quite a few but soon faced a couple that we couldn't work around. Well, if not over or around we go through right? Redog1 thankfully brought a hatchet along with the kitchen sink and soon wanted to demonstrate his manliness against the vicious fallen pine trees...

2009 Husky TE610

Up and over the Sierras to Bodie...
lionsroaar is offline   Reply With Quote