View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 08:10 PM   #95
Rockin Rollin OP
Rockin Adventurer

Oddometer: 689
Cool2

Leaving for Batopilas.

Cool rock formations around Creel.

Rugged road going down to a deep canyon. Batopilas & tropical climate at the bottom.
It is so beautiful it can be easy to loose your concentration. Alas!

Getting to a place like this I like to be right in the heart of the town. Well this was it, A guest house right across from the town square. The concern however security for the bike. Well no problem. A few bricks to get up the curb. Couple more to get up through the front door, ride thru the front vestibule, kitchen dining area & right down a ramp into the courtyard. Park right outside my room. Cool! & Secure!

The lady here is the owner. Her name is Monse, she took good care of me the short while I was here, like a mother, very nice.
I enjoyed my first ever fresh bananas right off the tree, grown right there in the courtyard. Yum!

My room was right there to the right of the hamock.

Coming out of my room.

This was sunday & fortunate for me there was a Fiesta happening that evening in the town square. Right out the front door. Nice, a 12 person brass band,
Mexican music of course. All the people dressed up beautifully. It was really nice.

So here was something interesting. A few Dogs seemed to actually be a part of the party. Actually there were a number of them kind of trapped in the raised courtyard which was enclosed by the people. & it was just totally ignoired by the people. Normal! Well at one point when the band was on break 2 of the dogs are going at it right in the middle. Again nobody seemed to pay any attention at all!!!

I faded about 2 in the morning & could enjoy the music further laying in bed. The fiesta went till 5am. Woh, these people like to party!
Click on:
-Now: Fly/ride - Panama to Alaska & pts between.
-2009 Colorado & West Fest
-Baja 2009 from Canada
"Take time, because time will eventually take you"! (and you never know just how much yer gonna get )
Let's ride!
07 Suzuki V-Strom 650 with ABS for long distance adventure & Dualsport
08 Husaberg FE450 (Street Plated)

Rockin Rollin screwed with this post 07-05-2010 at 08:17 PM
Rockin Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote