View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 12:22 PM   #68
dtp
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsatdm
Do you have a route for that ride? Not familiar with Nellie Falls and I was not aware of any legal way into the park except the paved routes. I have been up the Coultureville rd to where the Parks service has barricaded the road. Is there a secret way?
Heh... no secrets needed here. There are a couple of "seasonal" gates though. All were open with no problems for us. However, if you follow Old Coulterville Rd in reverse from Foresta on a map, there is a permanent closure point there at a very unstable bridge. There is a legal way around it however by snaking through Foresta.

I have my gps track for the trip. You can find it at my very much under construction website... http://www.1darren1.com

There are two more ways to get into the park... one is Chowchilla Mountain Road which enters at the golf course at Wawona. The other is Foresta Rd which essentially takes you to the same place as the Old Coulterville Rd route. The Foresta Rd route may lead you to a closed gate though, which is what you might be thinking of.