View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 06:58 PM   #5
One Less Harley OP
One Less Harley's Avatar
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Bowling Green, Ky
Oddometer: 4,809
My fix with the epoxy was temporary. Should have known better than use epoxy. The epoxy should have held up to gasoline, but didn't. I noticed the left petcock was leaking.

So I removed the "valve" and took it to a machinist so he could make two of them. The old altered one is on the right, see the black epoxy. New one on the left has centering scribe marks which were sanded down flat w/ 220 then 500 grit. The original is a cast part the new is machined billet AL.

2004 BMW R1150RS
1984 BMW R80G/S
(wrenching index)
2003 Suzuki DRZ 400S (TAT Prep)
One More DRZ does the TAT (Ride Report)

One Less Harley is offline   Reply With Quote