View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 12:02 AM   #72
dtp
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsatdm
I will take a look. The one I tried is called Coulterville/Yosemite road and travels through some old growth area. Ends with a deep a wide trench, complete with an adjacient berm and signs threatening terrible things.
OK I think I know what you may be talking about... The original Old Coulterville Road heads north before you even get to Little Nellie Falls, which would explain why you have never heard of them. That road is the original stage-coach route that took you up into one of the groves of sequoias. That road is most definately closed at the border of the park. The way into the park actually splits from there. You want to take N1S12 where it meets Old C Rd all the way to a site labled "Buena Vista" on the maps (just a place you can view El Cap and the backside of Half Dome hence the name "good view"). From there, you take N2S84 north and west to Little Nellie Falls and then the entrance gate to Yosemite is less than a mile from the falls. Here is a photo of the car at the gate. I am standing inside the park taking a photo of the car while it is outside of the park. The picture of the sign lying on the ground is the only "Welcome to Yosemite" sign you get.

Look it over and let me know if you have any questions. If you have Mapsource, the road names are actually pretty well displayed along the track and together with a Stanislaus NF map you should be able to figure it out.

dtp screwed with this post 07-07-2010 at 12:10 AM
dtp is offline   Reply With Quote