View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 10:11 AM   #11
prometheus rising OP
Ghost In The Machine

Oddometer: 666
Warrensburg is a small town lying 6 miles north of Lake George Village. Like the vast majority of Adirondack towns, it's a Mecca for the outdoor enthusiast offering white water rafting and Kayaking, trout fishing, hiking, snowmobling , swimming and more.

It's also the site of the self proclaimed "Worlds Largest Garage Sale" every fall

I've never taken the time to explore the town itself, it's been just a waypoint and I ride through the main street and right back out again.

That being said it does offer at least two things I'll always grab a picture of

Small Town Churches

And Wall Murals

While I would venture to say the vast majority of visitors come for the scenery and outdoor recreation a smaller and possibly even more passionate number come for a different reason

The Mecca of Meat

If you like smoked meats and cheeses this is the place to come. Their bacons especially are manna from heaven.

oscarssmokedmeats.com for mail order.

Rolling up the short gravel drive I am once again reminded that ...

We All Have The Right To Be Ignorant

But some of us really abuse the privelege. ( Note the position of the bike and the handicap signs ) As I've grown older and hopefully wiser I've learned not to let as many things irritate me, this is one of them that always will, no excuse for this at all. Ignorance is not a handicap in my world

With a silent and fevrent wish they choke on their meat I turn around to leave and as I do my initial feeling of anger turns to a twinge of sadness as I think about how at times the thoughtless actions of a few tends to rob all of us of a little bit of our humanity. Sometimes I wish I understood mankind.

I hang a right and head further North taking some roads I've never expierenced before seeking to rid myself of the bad Karma behind me, and there I find what I am seeking.....

Peace And Serenity

And now here is my secret, a very simple secret; it is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. - Antoine De Saint-Exupery

The Adirondacks and Beyond

prometheus rising screwed with this post 01-18-2014 at 11:12 AM
prometheus rising is offline   Reply With Quote