View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 11:45 AM   #12
g容g OP
Canadian living in exile

Oddometer: 6,080
I was enjoying the safety campaign signs, didn't get a snap of one, but essentially they were like this:

and this

well, since the Cat & Fiddle was a bust, we looked at the map, and decided to keep on the way north.

We skirted Manchester, and headed towards the Yorkshire Dales. When we were rolling through Gisburn, we spotted the "food & lodging" sign and pulled in.

Hit the jackpot with a great little pub, and real ales. Nice room and friendly people. One of the pub owners took us downstairs to see what's involved with cask ales, and it was quite interesting. Really nice night in Gisburn!

coolest thing was they had only just reopened:

Quote:
Gisburn's White Bull pub reopens

Published Date: 18 June 2010
GISBURN'S only pub, The White Bull, has reopened after being closed for just over two months.

The pub, owned by Scottish and Newcastle Pub Company, has been taken over by new licensees Alex Jardine, who hails from Surrey, and Yorkshire-born Barry Jones and his wife, Julie.

The local community has already got behind the trio and the night before the pub reopened villagers re-planted all its window boxes and hanging baskets to welcome them to the village.

The new licensees have introduced a large selection of real ales into the pub, and food is served all day every day. The trio also plan to introduce live music events and pub quizzes.
end of day three, 214 miles behind us, not too much highway, and the Peak District was really lovely.

I think I am wearing my wingman out...

Try to see the world beyond your front door.
g容g is online now   Reply With Quote