Thread: Moto Catalunya
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 05:42 AM   #9
dougrender OP
Bike Polo is not a Crime

Oddometer: 1,092
The next day, Michael drives us up the shore for an on-site visit of El Bulli. The gates are locked and they are not serving lunch. We tresspass a bit for a closer look. Some remains of last night's pleasures. One of these bottles was dated 1969. I suspect it may have cost a few Euros.

Before we hop the train back to Barcelona, Micheal drops us off at the Dali museum in Figueres.

Brilliant and clearly mad.

The influence of his sea side home is evidenced in many of his pieces

On the metro from the train station towards our hotel, Karen gets her wallet stolen out of her (zipped closed) purse in what must be the classic 5-person job. Why the hell would that guy on the metro think to ask you, an obvious tourist with suitcase in hand, a question in Spanish or Catalan about where the metro stops? Two stops and 4 minutes later, it becomes obvious to us. Oh right, that's the diversion. Oh well, they get less than 30 Euros and some credit cards that we cancel within half an hour, nothing critical like a passport. I hope they used it to buy food for their children.

Back in Barcelona, it's scooter time again. I'm some kind of simpleton who never tires of these self portraits. Hook that heel strap! This one is for my friend Jeff (a new rider now in Rochester, NY, KingJeff on this board), who ran the finest crossfit gym in Boulder for the past 2.5 years. Thanks for keeping me fit, Jeff!

A different perspective on the Colum statue, our landmark for locating our hotel.

Two weeks in Thailand and Vietnam and all you get are these blurry pictures and rambling text.

dougrender screwed with this post 07-12-2010 at 04:02 PM
dougrender is offline   Reply With Quote