Thread: Moto Catalunya
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 06:08 AM   #11
dougrender OP
Bike Polo is not a Crime

Oddometer: 1,098
One of the more prominent features of Barcelona's "skyline" is the Gaudi, or more specifically, Gaudi's La Sagrada Família. He started work on it in 1883 and the damn thing has been under construction ever since. It still looks only abut 60% complete but is slated to be finished in 2020.

2020? I've got a solution for you--5,000 Chinese. Because the 300 contractors working on the thing clearly are not enough. They’ll have it done next year.

Here, I've been consumed by a giant conch.

We have another outstanding meal or two before it's time to head home. Here, it's grilled shrimp at the Cervezeria, which unfortunately is not a brewery, but a great restaurant with a large selection of beer. Check out the presentation on the asparagus.

Eggplant, peppers and I couldn't tell you what else, but a wonderful presentation.

A little more excellent ham for your pleasure.

All great adventures come to an end. Thanks for joining us. Special thanks to Julie and Ian, and Michael and Monica for sharing their corner of the world.

We don't get out nearly enough, we had a great adventure in Thailand and Vietnam two years ago (ride report here, if you like my style Two Take Thailaind), but that's been it for travels afield in the last ten years, I'm afraid.

We'll need to try harder--as Team FTB said in our Thailand report, "for chrissakes don't let 8 years pass by before your next holiday".

Amen.

-Doug

Two weeks in Thailand and Vietnam and all you get are these blurry pictures and rambling text.

dougrender screwed with this post 07-11-2010 at 09:58 PM
dougrender is offline   Reply With Quote