View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 05:45 PM   #25
KaiWE OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Thank you for your kind words, guys!

First priorities has been to get the tech stuff sorted, and the basic overall style decided. Now its time for the real fun, cleaning her up and adding the details :)

So in a week or two, she'll be looking her best...

And I'm still a bit indecisive about the choice of colors - there might be a return to brighter colors, but the thought behind the black was to get some "Classic Bike/Cafe Racer" references in there. With the brighter colors, and the modern features on the bike like alloy wheels,modern tyres, USD fork and dual headlights I felt like I was moving to far into street fighter territory, kind of - unlike the BMW which got away with the bright Gulf-colors since the bike was a all-out-classic-cafe-racer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusanito

It's gorgeous! I've been sitting here drooling for a few minutes. Who makes that tank?

George
That's done by John Williams at the Tank Shop, Scotland (www.thetankshop.com). Amazing work at very pleasant prices - knew his work from before, I have one of his tanks on my DBD34 as well...