View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 07:13 PM   #10
Alcan Rider OP
Frozen Fossil

Oddometer: 3,842
August 8, 2008 7:30 PM A few miles south of Coldfoot, a rainbow in the Koyukuk River valley plants the pot of gold squarely on the Trans Alaska Pipeline -

July 4, 2008 2:30 AM The early morning sun on the north side of these Brooks Range mountains and tundra slopes paints a scene of peace and serenity -

May 30, 2010 5:00 PM The Dietrich River curves gently to the south to flow past the west end of Sukukpak Mt -

July 1, 2010 6:30 AM From the tight switchback at the bottom of the south climb to Atigun Pass this valley runs back up into the Endicott mountains -

July 1, 2010 6:00 PM The newly erected Aurora Hotel, on the shore of Colleen Lake, provides a stark contrast to the industrial appearance of the rest of Deadhorse -

June 30, 2010 8:00 PM From about Mile 185 some of Wiseman's buildings can be seen on the opposite side of the Koyukuk River -

May 30, 2010 10:00 AM A cloudless sky and near-perfect lighting help Slope Mt stand out against the bare, rolling tundra -

July 4, 2009 6:00 AM Just north of Fort Hamlin Hills Creek the fireweed has taken over much of the surrounding terrain, much to the delight of this photographer -

June 7th 2008 2:30 AM Looking back down at the Atigun Vally from the north side of Atigun Pass, with the sun shining up the valley out of the north sky -

July 4, 2008 3:00 PM Taken from Mile 160 looking north toward Coldfoot - the pipeline snakes southward across the boreal forest-covered terrain, bound for tidewater at Valdez -
Haul Road Primer
Alcan Rider is offline   Reply With Quote